Who is eligible for Medicare benefits?
If you get benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board, you are automatically eligible for Medicare starting the first day of the month you turn 65.
If you are under 65 you are eligible to receive Part A benefits under the following circumstances:
- You have been receiving Social Disability Insurance for more than two years.
- You have permanent kidney failure (end-stage renal disease requiring ongoing dialysis or a kidney transplant. You have been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
Do I have to sign up for Medicare each year?
You don't need to sign up for Medicare each year. However, each year you'll have a chance to review your coverage and make changes.
When is the Medicare Open Enrollment Period?
Medicare Open Enrollment Period is October 15th- December 7th is when ALL people with Medicare can change their Medicare health plan and prescription drug coverage for 2014.
What is an Authorized Representative?
An Authorized Representative is a person you choose to assist you with Medicare-related matters, such as:
- Choosing a plan to participate in;
- Gathering more information about your insurance plan/policies for research and decision making purposes;
- Handling claims and/or payments;
- Receiving a notice in connection with an appeal on your behalf, and review/submit personal medical information when working with associated appeals.
For more information on Medicare options available to you, attend one of our educational medicare seminar dates or call us at 419-872-0204 to set up a complimentary consultation.